Blog — alverstoke
Bill Skinner Jewellery at Voluptuous Vintage
Posted by Miss Sam on
Introducing Bill Skinner Jewellery! If you’ve been anywhere near our little Alverstoke Boutique in Gosport recently you’ll have probably seen or heard just how excited Miss Petra is about one of our (many!) new brands that have just been delivered into stock. We’re really pleased to get a huge selection of absolutely darling pieces from Bill Skinner here at Voluptuous Vintage; the attention to detail and magic feel of the hand-painted jewellery is very much on brand for us. A little bit of luxe, but with bags of character. Shop all Bill Skinner Jewellery here! Bill studied at Sir...
- Tags: accessories, accessorising, alverstoke, animals, Art Deco, bill skinner, Blog Post, bridal, Brooch, eco friendly, enamel, gifts, gosport, hampshire, Jewellery, luxury jewellery, necklace, pets, retro style, shop local, small business, vintage style, voluptuous vintage
A Quick Guide to Necklaces!
Posted by Miss Laura on
What Necklace Length should I choose? You’ve no doubt seen that we have a dazzling array of vintage style and semi-fine necklaces to browse both in-store and online, and we always try to include the length and adjustability where we can. But do you find these measurement numbers are a bit baffling? For starters, there’s a range of necklace lengths in general, and some places may include names for each rough length, as detailed in this handy table: Chain Length (Inches) Body Placement 14” Collar: Wraps around the throat/neck 16” Choker or Bib: Against the base of the throat/neck...
- Tags: 20s Style, 40s style, 50s style, accessories, accessorising, Acryllic, Agate, alverstoke, Art Deco, Big Metal London, Blog Post, Curvy Girls, Esa Evans, everybody welcome, gosport, hampshire, Jewellery, necklace, retro, retro style, Rosie Fox, shop local, small business, vintage fashion, vintage style, voluptuous vintage, VV Tips
Roundup: Spring/Summer 2022 Pretties
Posted by Miss Chloe on
The sun has (finally) made an appearance and we’re praying to the fashion gods for a sickly sweet, sticky hot summer worthy of all our vintage fabulousness and finery. Mrs Darling has outdone herself this year and our quality check of this season’s stock was a non-stop swoon fest with lots of trying things on (aka an after-hours fashion show!). Read on for a whistle-stop tour of some of our absolute favourites new in for the Spring/Summer season. You might want to buckle up though, there’s a lot and it’s all goooooorgeous. Psst: if you don’t have time to read...
- Tags: 40s style, 50s style, accessories, alverstoke, Blog Post, cotton, dresses, Dresses with pockets, everybody welcome, full skirt, garden party, gosport, hampshire, party dress, Pin Up, pockets, portsmouth, retro, retro style, small business, Spring, spring fashion, SS22, Summer, summer fashion, sundress, vintage, vintage fashion, vintage style, voluptuous vintage, wedding guest
The Upside to Shopping In-store in an Online World
Posted by Miss Chloe on
For those among us who love shopping, it isn’t just about picking up something you like and taking it home with you. It’s about feeling different fabrics on your skin, their drape, the texture of their weave, their intricate beading and embroidery, the way they flow with your movement. It’s about the smell of new shoes fresh out of the box, artisan perfumes, and freshly poured tea. It’s about the uplifting conversations you’ll have which go beyond polite chit-chat. That’s why, for me, the boutique experience can’t be beaten. I never just leave with a piece of vintage fashion that...
- Tags: 40s style, alverstoke, Curvy Girls, dresses, Dresses with pockets, everybody welcome, gosport, hampshire, Midsize Fashion, Pin Up, Plussize Fashion, portsmouth, Pretty Retro, shop local, small business, vintage, vintage style
Retrospec’d: Exclusively at Voluptuous Vintage This Season
Posted by Mrs Darling on
Summer is officially upon us, and the sun has already begun to make a much-welcomed appearance, so with that in mind, we are so excited to tell you some more about one of our absolute favourite smaller brands all the way across the pond in Australia. We’re delighted to be able to support our friends at Retrospec’d. What’s more; we’re currently the sole UK stockist of this season’s Retrospec’d pretties, so read on for more on this season’s collection and just why we think you'll find them in your favourite picks too! We know that our customers both online and instore...
- Tags: 40s style, 50s style, alverstoke, animal print, australian, BBQ, bridal, cotton, dresses, florals, full skirt, garden party, goodwood, gosport, hampshire, ladies day, mother of the bride, novelty print, party dress, pockets, portsmouth, prints, races, retro, retro style, retrospec'd, shirt dress, shirtwaister, shop local, small business, Spring, stretch, Summer, sundress, vintage, vintage style, voluptuous vintage, wedding guest